|River Heights Library
1520 Corydon Avenue
Branch Head: 204-986-4937
Information & Reference: 204-986-4936
Children's Services & Programs: 204-986-4940
|10 am - 8:30 pm
||10 am - 8:30 pm
||10 am - 8:30 pm
||10 am -
River Heights Library is centrally located in River Heights at 1520 Corydon Avenue between Brock and Cordova streets.
Limited parking is available on Corydon Avenue and on neighbouring streets.
The nearest eastbound transit stop is #60377 at Brock and Corydon; the nearest westbound transit stop is #60378 at Brock and Corydon.
River Heights Library has limited street parking only.
River Heights is a medium-sized community library housing an Adult collection on the main floor and the Young Adult and Children's collections on the lower level. Besides the hardcover collection there are Express, paperbacks, magazines, DVDs, audiobooks and CDs for all ages.
River Heights Library circulates over 315,000 items annually.
River Heights Library is a two-level facility. It offers study tables and lounge chairs located by large windows offering natural light in the Adult main floor area.
A book chute is located to the left of the front door for after hours returns.
The lower level Children's area offers a friendly atmosphere for our younger readers and their families. Automatic doors and a ground level entrance make the main floor accessible to all.
There is a program room with seating for 60 people in the basement. (Information about meeting room for rent here.) Call 204-986-4936 for rental charges and to make arrangements.
Call2Recycle Battery Recycling
Winnipeg Public Library has joined the Call2Recycle battery recycling initiative. All libraries now have special recycling boxes where you can dispose of batteries and cell phones. Simply put your used batteries and cell phones in the bags provided and we'll do the rest.
River Heights Library conducts many programs for children and adults throughout the year. Please call 204-986-4940 or visit the programs and events page for more information.
River Heights Library was originally opened in 1961 on land purchased from the Winnipeg School Board. It was the first of several libraries to be built by the City of Winnipeg in the 1960's. The branch replaced the heavily used Waterloo-Corydon bookmobile stop.